Well, I'd never thought it would happen in my lifetime. After 22 long years without a postseason berth being found in that stretch, it has finally happened! For the first time, the Blue Jays (my very favourite baseball team) have made the playoffs.
There's more to talk about this development later, but first...here are the latest updates!FANART
- Having heard of the news that the Jays made the playoffs in such a long time, I am considering to draw a group of major characters from a few certain anime shows, in the team's uniforms. I will first start with the characters from Beyblade, since those were the characters I first drew in those uniforms, in my short series of drawings featuring them. After that, I will then draw some from Gundam SEED Destiny, and--if my desire to keep drawing these actually holds up--Fairy Tail.
- Also, I plan on drawing the Gundam SEED Destiny characters in the Team Canada attire, from the 2015 Pan American Games.
- Furthermore, I will have the follow-up to my 2014 World Cup drawing that featured the characters from GSD, soon.
- I know I should've brought it up a while ago, when it was still relevant, but PHASE-15 and PHASE-16 of Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Reflex are now available to read. You can find PHASE-15 on FFN and here, as well as PHASE-16 (here and here!).
- PHASE-17 is still being typed up. But because of the everyday tribulations of life I'm going through right now, I am severely limiting my time on all fanfictions I am currently doing, until I can find a considerable amount of spare time to do it.
- Speaking of which, you may have noticed more new titles that have popped up on my FFN profile for the last few months, or so. Yes, even when I still have a lot on my plate in terms of the fanfics I'm doing, I keep coming up with a few ideas for a few new stories to write of. Here are these new titles, and what they're all about:
- Onogoro Five-O (which is a working title, BTW) will be a Gundam SEED/Destiny fanfic that takes place in the Cosmic Era, a couple of years after Destiny. This fanfic will revolve around two police officers heading a special task force in the island nation of the Orb Union. The direct influences into this fanfic are from action-and-drama-based police procedural shows, such as Hawaii Five-0 (hence the working title and premise) and NCIS: Los Angeles, as well as from video games, like Battlefield: Hardline and Sleeping Dogs.
- Gundam SEED Reflex: The Marksman, and The Marksman II, will be another spin-off of the Gundam SEED Reflex series of stories. Heavily based off of the Sniper Elite video game series, these couple of stories will be centered around an intelligence field agent (and expert sniper) fighting for the J.D.C. forces, during the New Bloody Valentine War. The Marksman will take place in the first part of the new war, in the northern portions of the African Community, while The Marksman II will take place in the latter-half of the war.
- Finally, True North Rush will be a Beyblade fanfic that is based on a story I made back in the days spent on some message board of some site (before it all got taken down). It follows the Bladebreakers a short time after the end of G-Revolution, where they embark on an adventure in the...wait for it...the "true north", when they decide to compete in the BeyCanada Tournament. This story will also revolve around a few Canadian beyblading teams, one of them being the Toronto 81s that are led by long-time captain Matt Sterling.
- I remember doing a part in one of my previous updates here, when the Leafs finally made the playoffs in years, in which I put up a list of the things that happened at the time they had last made the playoffs before all that. Seeing that the Jays have not made the postseason in more than two decades, I was as similarly curious, as to what happened during the time that the team had previously made the playoffs. Although I really wasn't around when they did, here are some of the things that happened in 1993, the last time the Jays were in the playoffs:
- The Prime Minister of Canada was Kim Campbell of the Progressive Conservative Party, and the President of the United States was Bill Clinton of the Democratic Party.
- Average gas prices in Canada were around 55 to 60 cents per litre.
- Cellphones at that time were still a bit large and bulky, with the Motorola MicroTAC as an example.
- The highest grossing films during that year included Jurassic Park, and Mrs. Doubtfire.
- In the world of television, Frasier was in its very first season, as well as Bill Nye the Science Guy. For TV in Canada, Royal Canadian Air Farce and This Hour Has 22 Minutes first debuted on CBC.
- Also, in the world of anime, Victory Gundam was going on, alongside Sailor Moon and Dragonball Z.
- Hip-hop and rap became a whole lot more mainstream, and Kurt Cobain was still alive.
- Finally, Nintendo and Sega were duking it out in the video game industry, with the SNES and Genesis, respectively. Mortal Kombat and Doom were among the most notable video games during that time.
...And that's it for the latest updates and developments at this time! It's been a while since I updated, but now I'm getting a lot up to speed with this one! So excited to hear the Jays reach the postseason for the first time in a long while, and now here's hoping that they will keep it going right on through!
Stay tuned for more!